Accessible Customer Service Plan
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Essendant Canada is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
- Fees will not be charged for support persons
We will notify customers of this through a notice posted on our premises on our web site
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Essendant Canada will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at all entrances and posted on the web
Essendant Canada will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
Customer service representatives and managers
This training will be provided to staff within 30 days
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Essendant Canada’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Essendant Canada’s goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way accessing Essendant Canada provides goods and services to people with disabilities can e-mail or post it on our web
All feedback, including complaints, will be the Customer Service Manager
Customers can expect to hear back in 7 days
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Essendant Canada that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.